Schedule, Pricing, Booking and Course Details
You can download the brochure with all the details regarding the training course.
To register, please fill out this form
Last registry day is 20th march:
The course will be delivered in English.
Participants are requested to bring their own laptops.
Registration fee (taxes not included):
- Regular: 1800 Euros per attendant
- Academia: 1500 Euros per attendant
Registration includes the USB distribution and printed course materials. Lunch is not included.
Contents of the one-day course
NEW: You can download the full programme here.
- Introduction to numerical modelling of wave structure interaction
- Wave generation and active wave absorption
- Mesh generation with CORAL
- IH2VOF application to rubble-mound breakwaters
- IH2VOF application to vertical breakwaters
- Visualize computed results using IH2VOF GUI
After completing the course you will be able to:
- Simulate surf zone hydrodynamics processes and wave interaction with coastal structures including random sea states and considering multilayer conventional or non conventional coastal structures.
- Analyze functionality and stability of coastal structures: wave reflection and transmission, wave run-up on coastal structures, wave dissipation, overtopping discharge, wave induced forces and moments.
- Visualize results using IH2VOF GUI
What you get
- IH2VOF source code and executable files (Linux/Mac/Windows)
- IH2VOF GUI
- CORAL (mesh generator)
- A USB-stick to continue your work on your own system at home or in your office.
- A set of benchmark cases
Iñigo J. Losada (Full Profesor, IH Cantabria)
Javier L.Lara (Associate Researcher, IH Cantabria)
Maria Maza (PHD Researcher, IH Cantabria)