Schedule, Pricing, Booking and Course Details
You can download an example of the brochure with all the details regarding the training course.
The course will be delivered in English.
Participants are requested to bring their own laptops.
Registration fee (taxes not included):
- Regular: 1800 Euros per attendant
- Academia: 1500 Euros per attendant
Registration includes the USB distribution and printed course materials. Lunch is not included.
Contents of the one-day course
NEW: You can download an example of the full programme here.
- Introduction to numerical modelling of wave structure interaction
- Wave generation and active wave absorption
- Mesh generation with CORAL
- IH2VOF application to rubble-mound breakwaters
- IH2VOF application to vertical breakwaters
- Visualize computed results using IH2VOF GUI
After completing the course you will be able to:
- Simulate surf zone hydrodynamics processes and wave interaction with coastal structures including random sea states and considering multilayer conventional or non conventional coastal structures.
- Analyze functionality and stability of coastal structures: wave reflection and transmission, wave run-up on coastal structures, wave dissipation, overtopping discharge, wave induced forces and moments.
- Visualize results using IH2VOF GUI
What you get
- IH2VOF source code and executable files (Linux/Mac/Windows)
- IH2VOF GUI
- CORAL (mesh generator)
- A USB-stick to continue your work on your own system at home or in your office.
- A set of benchmark cases
María Fuentes Álvares de Eulate (Project Engineer), IHCantabria