In order to acquire the IH2VOF model, the following options are available:
- IH2VOF Training course (Classroom course). This is the case when the course has been demanded by enough people. Then we propose a date and a place and people freely sign up.
Quote: 2000€/student (+ taxes if applicable). Registration includes the material distribution and printed course materials. Lunch is not included.
Upcoming courses: Not defined for the moment.
- IH2VOF Training course (On demand). This is the case when a company contact us in order to give them a course at their offices.
Quote: 7000€/up to 5 students (+ taxes if applicable) (quote for destinations inside the EU).
- IH2VOF Training course (Online). This is the case of self-learning. The course material is provided by email (manual in paper copy) and students work on their own. Assistance regarding the use of the model is provided (via email or video call) during two weeks of the material shipment. This modality is being widely used since the manual is very clear and easy to follow. IHCantabria experience regarding this type of self-learning says that no students usually do not demand this assistance, since the model is very simple to use, and the examples clearly explained in the manuals.
Quote: 2000€/student (+ taxes if applicable).
- 3 licenses (mesh generator licenses). Licenses are linked to the computer motherboard, so if the computer is changed, a new license will be required.
- IH2VOF manual and examples (paper copy)
- IH2VOF source code and executable (Windows/Mac/Linux)
- IH2VOF GUI (Graphical User Interface)
- CORAL (Mesh generator)
- A set of benchmark cases
- IH2VOF related papers (http://ih2vof.ihcantabria.com/references/papers)
Contents of the course
- Introduction to numerical modelling of wave structure interaction
- Wave generation and active wave absorption
- Mesh generation with CORAL
- IH2VOF application to rubble-mound breakwaters
- IH2VOF application to vertical breakwaters
- Visualize computed results using IH2VOF GUI
After completing the course, the student will be able to:
- Simulate surf zone hydrodynamics processes and wave interaction with coastal structures including random sea states and considering multilayer conventional or non-conventional coastal structures.
- Analyze functionality and stability of coastal structures: wave reflection and transmission, wave run-up on coastal structures, wave dissipation, overtopping discharge and wave induced forces and moments.
- Visualize results using IH2VOF GUI.
- The course will be taught in English or Spanish (depending on the user´s needs).
- Participants are requested to bring their own laptops
María Fuentes Álvarez de Eulate (Project Engineer), IHCantabria
If you have any other question, do not hesitate in contacting us in: email@example.com